Tamar Skin clinic offers various aesthetic treatments to improve ageing, sun damaged skin and the appearance of various skin conditions including acne and rosacea. This is done through the utilisation of the latest techniques including LED phototherapy, injectables, Dermapen microneedling, radio frequency microneedling, medical grade chemical peels, plasma treatments, dermal fillers, and laser.
The doctors and cosmetic nurse offering this service at Tamar Skin clinic have undergone additional training in this field and are keen to guide you towards a softer, smoother complexion and more youthful, healthy look.
The K-Laser Blue technology allows treatment of most skin lesions with the same laser unit.
For more information on all the possible dermal applications, please click on the information sheets below.
A skin rejuvenation consultation and care plan are required before any treatment. This enables us to assess each patients’ aspirations and concerns to advise what combination of treatments will best achieve the desired result.
This consultation is 20min and includes a series of photographs. Each patient will leave with a care plan which includes recommended home care as well as in-clinic treatments.
An initial consultation with a Clinician is required to determine which treatment option is suitable for you. Skin Rejuvenation consultations are available with Dr Sue Basson on Friday, and Cosmetic Registered Nurse Golnoosh Monday to Friday. It may be more convenient via Skype, which is also available. Treatments are available Monday to Friday.
Skin Rejuvenation Consultation Fees
Tamar Skin Clinic is a private fee-paying clinic and payment is required on the day of service. Medicare does not provide a rebate for cosmetic consultations.
Dr Sue Basson $100
Nurse Golnoosh $33
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are a non-surgical treatment primarily used to shape and proportion the face.
They are used to re-volumise when lost volume cause folds, wrinkles or flattening of an area. Facial volume loss is one of the key factors in the aging process so dermal fillers help to replenish this lost volume and rejuvenate the face, restoring it to a more youthful, plump, natural-looking beauty.
Dermal fillers are aesthetic gel-based cosmetic treatments that are injected into the skin. They are a practical, non-surgical method designed to soften creases and folds, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and increase or restore volume to the face for a more vibrant and youthful shape. Different grades of dermal fillers are used for other areas of the face, such as the lips, cheeks and under the eyes. At Tamar Skin Clinic, we only use the highest quality fillers: those that are scientifically proven, medically safe, biodegradable, and reasonably long-lasting.
What areas can be targeted?
With age, elastin and collagen in the face begin to break down, and the face gradually loses its volume and youthful contour. This process contributes to the formation of folds and wrinkles, giving the face a prematurely aged and tired look.
Dermal fillers are used to both correct and postpone signs of ageing. This treatment helps refine your profile and support underlying structures that become worn with age.
- Rejuvenate ageing lips, which lose volume and become thinner with time.
- Enhance younger lips for a plumper, more defined overall outline, as well as a lustrous lip line.
- Correct the downturned corners of the lips (the marionette fold), which can portray a sad, even angry appearance.
- Smooth outlines around the lips (smoker’s lines) may cause lipstick to bleed.
- Erase cheek folds (nasolabial folds) which can give a tired appearance.
- Reinflate cheeks that have lost volume over time for a fuller, revitalised profile.
- Reduce dark circles under the eyes (tear troughs) to correct the perpetually fatigued, stressed appearance and give a more well-rested look.
- Subtly reshape the nose for a more flattering and proportionate shape and size.
During an initial skin rejuvenation consultation, your injector will consider your reasons for treatment, as well as your needs, expectations, and aesthetic goals. How the treatment is performed will be explained, along with the appropriate measures to be used to achieve your ideal facial profile.
After the fillers are injected, there is generally no downtime required. Typically, patients can return to work or do regular day-to-day activities immediately following the procedure. Usually, patients experience swelling and sometimes mild bruising. This disappears over one week.
Depending on the type of fillers used, the areas treated, and your skin habits, results may last from 4 to 24 months.
While fillers do not prevent ageing, they will allow you to enjoy a youthful, refreshed, and fuller profile for longer while postponing the onset of folds and wrinkles. Eventually, the fillers do break down and naturally dissolve in the skin.
At Tamar Skin Clinic, we are excited to offer Potenza RF Microneedling treatment. This innovative and versatile treatment is designed to target various skin concerns to revitalise your appearance.
- Acne scarring
- Active acne
- Deep wrinkles
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines
- Skin laxity
- Stretch marks
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Stretch Marks
- Enlarged Pores
- Skin Tightening
- Hair Loss
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Stretch Marks
- Enlarged Pores
- Skin Tightening
- Hair Loss
- Rejuvenation*: 3-6 treatments 4-8 weeks apart
- Acne scarring: 4-6 treatments 4-8 weeks apart
- Stretch marks: 4-8 treatments 6-8 weeks apart
- Pigmentation: 4-6 treatments 2-4 weeks apart
Skin Booster Injection System now available at Tamar Skin Clinic
This revolutionary new technology allows for combination treatments of skin boosters/dermal fillers and needling simultaneously.
Skin Booster II is developed to assist in the delivery of platelet rich plasma (PRP) and stabilised hyaluronic acid filler to restore hydro balance in the skin and improve skin elasticity and tone to create a revitalised look.
- Around the eyes
- Nasolabial grooves
- Post-acne scars
- Cheekbones and maxillary
- Neck and décolletage
The Skin Booster II device is a multifunctional injection system combined with an integrated multi-needle and vacuum, usable for rejuvenation treatments on the entire face and body.
Book a Skin Rejuvenation consultation with either Dr Susan Basson or Cosmetic Nurse Golnoosh to find out more.
- Tired/dry skin, laxity of skin, uneven pigmentation
- Wrinkles or dark circles
- Texture & tone improvement
- Certain types of alopecia or general hair thinning
- People who may experience risk of allergic reactions from other treatments
- People looking for a natural treatment
- Blood is drawn from a vein in your body.
- A separation procedure extracts & concentrates the desired body substances (PRP – platelet rich plasma).
- These substances are then injected into your skin with multiple small superficial injections or used topically in combination with microneedling.
- Improvement of skin texture and tone
- Gradual increase in skin thickness and vitality
- Can be used for sensitive areas
- May be combined with other treatments to stimulate biological effects.
- no relief or worsening of symptoms
- blood clot
- nerve injury
- skin discolouration
- loss of fat to the affected area
- allergic reaction
Medically Indicated and Facial Rejuvenation Peel Treatments
- Your skin is cleaned with a pre-peel cleanser to remove make up and oils
- Glycolic acid peel is applied for up to10 – 15 minutes -this will vary.
- Neutraliser is sprayed over the face to stop the peel process
- You wash your face at this time to remove any further residue
- If opting to do so, the phototherapy light is applied
- A serum is applied to speed recovery
- At home, further application of serum and smoothing cream are used to help enhance benefits of the peel
- Your skin is cleaned with acetone to remove make-up and oils
- Barrier ointment is applied around the eyes, nose, and mouth
- 2-3 layers of acid are applied to the skin with gauze
- Your skin is cleaned with a pre-peel cleanser to remove make up and oils Barrier ointment is applied around the eyes, nose, and mouth. Multiple layers of acid are applied with gauze to the skin, usually 2 – 5 layers.
- History of herpes simplex or cold sores (a treatment may be provided to avoid a breakout)
- History of allergies
- Recent exposure to the sun or other UV radiation and heat including heat lamps or tanning beds.
- Currently taking anti-coagulants (drugs for blood thinning)
- Currently taking immune supressing agents.
- Currently using an oral retinoid (should be discontinued 6 months prior to a peel procedure)
- Currently using topical retinoid (maybe discontinued 1-2 weeks prior) History of atopic skin reactions, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea or other skin sensitivities
- Recent hair processing: removal (waxing, depilatories, laser, IPL), bleaching, dying, permanent wave or straightening treatment
- Recent cosmetic procedure: peel, microdermabrasion, laser or light therapy, chemical or mechanical exfoliation, etc.
- Tobacco usePeels are not recommended during pregnancy or while nursing